A. FOUR JOBS YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE (all previous jobs):
1. He sent me a letter
2. I met him dancing, I was sitting on the stairs
3. Brought to his theater, we had a friend in common
4. It was a new place and he was standing by the bar
B. FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:
1. When I replied, I laughed, he thought I would know him
2. He tapped me on the shoulder, acted like I knew him
3. I took him up on a roof, surprised he would not know it
4. We went home together, though we didn't know each other
C. FOUR CITIES YOU'VE LIVED IN:
1. Smiling, we corresponded every day
2. I was stunned to discover he had a wife
3. Standing outside his window was so difficult and necessary
4. In the cab, his english was better than mine
D. FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH:
1. There were happy pictures, and clever sounds, and fun videos.
2. I kissed him on the cheek and told him to ask permission first.
3. My lips were hungry and two years later, so were his
4. His apartment was neat, plants in the window, books in the glass table
E. FOUR PLACES YOU'VE BEEN ON VACATION:
1. I ran home through the park to meet him on-line
2. We held hands when we walked and strangers told us we looked good together
3. Curled up on the couch, slowly we curled into each other
4. I sat on the counter and he explained his red wine
F. FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY:
1. Description sufficed to make my bed less lonely
2. When I slept over, it was on his side of the bed, not hers
3. Queen size bed now and we still almost fell off
4. There was a wide mirror above the bed framed by two guitars
G. FOUR SONGS THAT MOVE YOU:
1. johnny boy - U are the generation who bought more shoes and u get what you deserve
2. lamb - gorecki
3. emilie simon - graine de etoile, lamb - gabriel
4. marvin gaye - let's get it on
H. FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Then the letters came less frequently and I didn't know why
2. Eventually I couldn't deal with the fact he was married
3. He was so beautiful, but I knew he never loved me
4. The next morning wasn't too late, but there was a phone-call
I. FOUR BOOKS YOU'VE READ & LOVED:
1. Hurt, I assumed that work was taking his time
2. Hurt, I broke down, dissolved, died.
3. Hurt, I tried to tell myself not to believe in illusions
4. Hurt, I explained to myself that it's what I should have expected.
J. FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1. Then I finally went for a surprise visit.
2. He divorced the wife, I took him back, he went away on a trip.
3. He never calls, so I walk over to his house at night.
4. Today he called me back, canceled our plans.
K. FOUR THINGS YOU FIND YOURSELF SAYING:
1. There was another woman.
2. There were two other women.
3. There might never be anyone.
4. There's another woman in potentia.
L. FOUR FAVOURITE ALBUMS:
1. He never apologized.
2. I'm fragile too.
3. Living with little is better than nothing.
4. At least he's sorry.